Lost Hunters Sanctum
Sign in to follow this  
OniHunter

How the Sanctum came to be

Ill be the first to say that...I have no idea what im doing here. I have never built, started, ran, or anything with a website or forum. So, the fact that I even started this place is as shocking to me as it is to all of you. And how it came to be is even stranger. It just goes to show that just when you think you got life figured out and you decide on the path you think you need to be on...boom you go in a completely different direction...and just enjoy the ride.

It started just over a week ago. I had decided to sell my 2 Predator suits that I built on the old lair, my most prized possessions. The reason for the sale is I needed to settle a debt with an old forum member.  I started a suit build almost 5 years ago for a member. Up till 2 days ago that deal was left unsettled...all by my own fault and I am utterly ashamed of myself for letting it go on that long. But, as life tends to do...it kicked me in the nuts. Over the next few years I was up and down due to various reasons that I wont go into detail on. Needless to say creativity was nonexistent. Things would look up and I would contact him and tell him I was back at it only to fail again. I needed to settle this and do right by him and try and salvage my honor.

Fast forward...I came to the decision to try and sell his suit to repay the debt as well as sell my suits for the same reason. I started contacting old members to see who was making what and see if i could get the last few parts I needed to complete his suit as some were destroyed in an accident at home. Each and every conversation I had with the old crew had the same thing in common...we missed the good old days. I didn't think much of it at the time and went through my list. Later that night I layed in bed and all I could do was think about how good those days were. I told stories to my girlfriend of the projects, the friends I had made over the years through the hobby, the conventions, all the amazing things we accomplished through the lair. But, its when she said that if it hadn't been for the lair and the hobby we would not have met. She was looking for costume answers and I answered them as best I could, and sent here to the lair (at that time). She read through my builds and had a few more questions and that's how we met. A few months later we met face to face at the Renaissance Festival and have been inseparable since. That made me realize how much I had to be thankful for...all do to this hobby and the forum.

The next day all I could think was why no one had made a new forum...a new home for the lost lair members. I started researching it and got the wild idea...hey, I could do that. I got on Facebook and gathered up all the old crew I could remember and stuffed us all into a group chat. Myself, the founding members, and many others here are from the Hunters Lair and we are not afraid to say we were the ones to take this hobby to the next level back in the good days of the Lair. We are proud of our accomplishments through the hobby and plan to take it to the next level once again...with the help of all of you. When we all met int the chat room..it was like we had not missed a single day...the spirit and comradery was alive and well. That sealed it for me...I pulled the trigger. Barely 4 days later and thanks to Damon/Wolf Elder for helping me come up with the name...the site was online and running. And here we are...in our Sanctum.

That's the unplanned path change...from selling all and moving on to having my own forum. Blindsided by shear accident. I have nothing to hide, the way I handled the suit deal was unacceptable and unforgivable. My suits sold, I repaid his money in full, and he accepted my apology. My conscious is clear, my creativity is stirring, the Sanctum is rolling, and I am blessed. I am so stoked to have this place for us all. The response it has gotten is surpassed my vision already by far. I am very excited for the future of the Sanctum and the hobby. I thank you all for your support and I hope you all do not think to harshly of my fall.  I hope the moto... wonder no more... makes more sense now. 

“A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Cheers to you all...old and new members. Welcome to Lost Hunters Sanctum...wonder no more.

• Upvote 8

Excellent post, Scott!

You have said what we all have had in the back of our minds;  'I feel lost and alone, and something is missing' 

But we're alone no more; we're home, and the family is gathered once again.

---

Ei'luj

Its nice for the new digs to be in the hands of a TRUE fan, and not be in the hands of someone who purely want to make it profitable. That sort of action is easily seen through not matter how much they protest, and is painfully obvious when owners do not have the forums interests at heart.

Its a nice feeling to know the forum is in good hands, and can only go from strength to strength.

I'll own my part in the demise of the original lair once i was offered to buy back something i didnt feel was ever sold to begin with i was like fuck that. My bad trusting Danny boy, beginning of the end lol

i always said the lair is built by its members you helped me run the place and built it in a certain style that was really the best. Out of all the niche forums the lair changed the game.  Fast forward the sanctum  badass!!!..Now here we all are same moon, same jungle...sorry mac quote

Point is I still love jamming on this years later and this place is in real good hands so let's just have fun again 

• Upvote 2

Agreed, and even though I have very little to offer in the way of new builds other than my elder, I will be here on and off to hopefully support and encourage people to raise the bar or just create something they can be proud of.

but the main thing for me is being amongst friends and people I respect, which is earned not given. and I hope everyone succeeds in whatever they have come here for.