Lost Hunters Sanctum
Sign in to follow this  
hez

Painting a P1 bio

Been a while since I've done one of these but I've been helping a friend get into prop making and she wanted to have a go at some pred stuff. So first technique for the way I like to do them is with metal coatings, patinas and metal rubs. This one here has had a couple of coats of an iron coating and various patinas applied. If I was just doing this for fun I'd be tempted to refine this finish and leave it like this, but since I'm demonstrating I'll go on and add the silver over the top. More to come!

Edited by hez
  • Upvote 2

Here's some more.  I applied the silver rub with a brush rather than a cloth, and then put a clear wax over it.  The wax really makes it in terms of a realistic feel.

Edited by hez
  • Upvote 3

I finally got around to finishing this.  Sorry about the missing progress pics but they were hosting on photobucket and I can't seem to get them to show up, even when I'm on the photobucket site.  Here's some finished ones anyway for now, hope you like the look of it.  I added some details with the airbrush without going overboard on the heavy blast marks, hopefully it just looks like it's had years of nicks, dings and other abuse in hostile environments rather than used for target practice.

i4rAejf.jpg

i4XVzGK.jpg

Iou0U60.jpg

xuD9eW7.jpg

RKex3nC.jpg

3VV0Lzi.jpg

VZJtmXV.jpg

K3WsRLc.jpg