Lost Hunters Sanctum
NeoKazama

Temple Guard Predator

Probably many of you have seen it, but I am working on a commission at the moment, this my version of a Temple Guard.

Only mask and front of skins are painted, still a lot to do :)

12651100_1098237213529888_6912641829604392227_n.jpg

a47146cb-270c-49ed-80c8-be71db4e1df7_zpsvi1spyoq.jpg

• Upvote 3

Thank you guys, definitely working with good quality costume items helps out a lot :). Thanks Casey(Biohunter76), Scott (Mannowar) SM, and Chuck.

Julie, thank you. I use rubber inks and fw ink for washes or veining. For airbrush, Iwata Eclipse hs-cs.

• Upvote 1

WOW WOW WOW.  I am so blown away by the incredible talent that all of you have.  I hope I can absorb just a touch of it through osmosis.

Love the scar work on this one, too.... although.... can I point out that probably the scar should be in hues of green  :P

There's a difference between open wounds and scars. A lot of costumes you see out there, have wounds. The artist building the suit uses a dremel to carve the mask or skin and then add green for blood. In my case, i wanted scars. Healed wounds, that are a different color and the skin is raised. I used latex flashing, cut in strips and the glued and covered in latex to give that look. Once cured, i painted them.

why not green? I got inspired on some of the kits painted by the talented JoeDunaway. And that is the color choice he used.

Probably will be making another scar on back of leg, i will document it and make a quick tutorial for the page. :)

thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Yes please do! I think it looks perfect. More scars the better really, put him through hell. Once I see your tutorial I'll be doing this to mine. It really adds so much character.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the kind comments.

Here are a couple pics for now, still waiting for a couple parts and i should be done with this suit in a couple of weeks.

2ea9e0eb-d814-472d-a190-83b48081f094_zpsl9uj65pl.jpg

8e1eb4b1-1158-43eb-b580-5f819f5f186d_zpsvhn0jzdc.jpg

66a10f61-4e00-42a3-a4ff-f7d4f0a53fa0_zpsx8zcvs4e.jpg

38bd6f10-378b-4b41-b290-969ef0ee19c6_zpsptwujxep.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice work sir. The scars add a ton to the story of this guy. Great idea and work on that. The paint work on all of it is on point.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Thanks bud. The suit is stretched out on the mannequin which i had to modified. It reaches 7' 5 inches. The P2 statue I built was 7' 4 inches.

Still work to do and parts to arrive. Then I'll be working on a couple items for my personal collection.

Take care!

-Chris